Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday, June 11, 2013


Family!
   Ok can I just say that it so so weird that Steffy is done with High School!? I seriously can't believe that! But I love it! She looks so stinking cute in her graduation clothes. :) What day was graduation on? Did it feel weird having it at Foothill? (That is where they had it right??) Ok so this past week has gone by so fast! I feel like I just emailed home. Though my last email wasn't very long and I am sorry about that I ran out of time. But it is crazy, I feel like time is slowly speeding up more and more. It is crazy! Like I seriously can't believe that I have been here for 4 weeks already! I leave to go to Portugal in 2!!!! I am soooo excited!!!! Though it makes me realize I am not even close to having the language down like I would like. Ha. I can say prayers and bare my testimony and talk about gospel things and Christ. But I don't know how to have a normal conversation! Lol. But I know I have been blessed in the time that I have spent here so far. I am surprised at how much I have been able to ratain with only having studied it or glances at it but a few times. It is amazing! I have never felt more smart and yet so humbled. Without the Lord I am nothing, but with Him, anything is possible. I am holding onto that and I know that it is so true. I know that if I do everything I can to serve and love others and only try to do the Lord's Will and not worry about what I want that I will be blessed and I will be able to more fully bless the lives of others. I am honestly getting so excited to leave! Though the language thing still makes me nervous, but I know that it will come as I continue to study and try my best to learn it. So funny thing. I was talking to another Sister in line waiting to get my food and she asked where I was going. She then said wait, and then she guessed Brazil. Ha. Everyone always thinks you are going to Brazil if you are speaking Portuguese. It is funny. But I told her no and that I was actually going to Portugal. She then asked if I was a native and already knew the language! Ha. That made me happy. That is the second time someone has thought I was from a place like that. (in this case I'm not sure if she meant Brazil or Portugal) The other time was from another Sister that was from Brazil I think, and she asked me if I was from there. I guess I look Brazilian or something. (: I love it! I took it as a compliment. So I will fit right in! I am hoping that once I get the language down really well people will ask me if I am native. One of our teachers said that is the best compliment he has ever received. So I am soooo excited! Have you guys heard about some kind of a missionary broadcast thing that is going to be taking place on the 23rd??? This is right before I leave and I get to attend! I am singing in the choir, my whole district will be singing in the choir. There will be like 1200 maybe more missionaries singing in the choir and then that many more members singing. And we have been told that President Thomas S. Monson will be the one speaking at it! I can't wait! And today, or tonight is our tuesday devotional so it will be the very first devotional we will have in the Marriot Center on the BYU campus. I love it! I get to do new fun things! So I may be on t.v. singing in the choir. So you should definitely watch it! I am seriously so excited! I guess we just have way too many missionaries here at the MTC. It is fabulous! Oh and yes I got the package thank you so much! You are the best! That came quickly too. (: Ryan is going to Puru!? Super fun! The girl that asked me if I was a native is going to Puru and already knows the language so she is only here for like a week. Oh and I didn't bring my clogging shoes. Ha you can really do that on your mission!? I love that! Do you know who set that up for him to teach the people clogging?? That would be so fun! And I would love to see Gary over there! Hopefully we are in the same area at that point. That would be fantastic! So me and Sister King made this goal that we aren't going to eat deserts except for Sunday and Wednesday. (: I haven't gained any weight and I am so glad because everyone says that they gain weight here. Ha. But we are gym buddies and we run a mile at each gym time and use the weight machines a little bit for our arms and then do abs. It is fantastic! Even though volleyball is fun. I did it many times but I just want to work out. (: Um... so I can't remember if I told you this already. I may have and if so sorry. But I got called to be the Sister Training leader of our zone. Me and Sister King both of course. So it is like being a zone leader but for the sisters. Brother Christofferson calls us the sister zone leaders because it is easier. Lol. I love all of our leaders and teachers. They are all amazing people and they all have such tender testimonies. Can I just tell you how grateful I am to have this opportunity to be on a mission and to serve the Lord and His people over in Portugal for 18 months? :) Well I guess technically 16 1/2 relatively once I leave. I have heard so many good things about Portugal and that the missionary work over their is just booming and that the people are super nice and loving. So I can't wait! But I am so sad to think I am going to have to say bye to my district in two weeks. We have all become so close! I love all of them. Well I hope everyone is doing well back home and I hope everyone is staying safe! I love you all! Never forget how much the Lord loves each and every one of you. And trust me, He is more involved in our lives than we know. Till next week! :)
Love Sister Amanda Stokes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment