Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29th


Family!!!
Thank you mom!!! I am excited to get all of that! And I was getting blisters once I started wearing my sandals I bought. Cause I would wear them every day. So I think that it was just from rubbing. But they are getting better! Because I started wearing my flats with a pad thing on the back for the back of my heels because it was rubbing.That is the weirdest thing to me that Steff if going to have finished a semester of college!!!!!!!!! What is this! Lol. That is soooo crazy! Where is she going to be staying when she goes up to BYUI??? I haven't gotten the postcard. But if you sent it to the mission home I will get it this week because they will bring up all the mail from the mission home at our "emergency" zone conference. Ya, that sounds bad. Ha. But I was told it is just to boost our spirits because our whole zone is having a hard time. We haven't been having a lot of success recently. It is crazy cause the first two weeks were really good, and then we still have really good things happening. But not as often. But thats ok! We are doing everything we can to help the people here in Portugal! The only problem is they don't want to listen. And I think people have heard untrue things about our church so it makes me really sad. So a lot of people don't want anything to do with us. It just makes my heart hurt. That is soooo exciting! I really hope I get to see Gary! That would be the coolest thing! Though transfers are coming and I don't know what will happen. We shall see! Though I don't want to leave these sisters. Well, just my district in general. They are so amazing! I will miss them so much if we get split. But thats ok. Then I can think that same thing about all the new people I will meet if that happens. Ah!!! Adyson has teeth! I miss her so much! I get random cravings of wanting to hold her so bad!!! Lol. Tyson and Brittany are the luckiest parents ever!!!!! And yes, it is still a little weird for some reason to say parents when referring to them. ha. But I love it! And I can't wait because recently we have been talking about how (us sisters) we are all going to be the bestest friends because we have eternity after this life and we are all going to live with our families forever and we are all just going to be so close! It will be that greatest thing! I have never been so excited about eternal life! I think I just never really thought about it for a long period of time because I always got distracted by other things in my "past" life. But it really is such a blessing to be able to be with our family and loved ones for all of eternity. Eternities of eternity! Lol. We can't comprehend that now and it makes my head hurt just thinking about it. But I honestly just can't wait! And I am sooo grateful that we have such a good family because I know I don't have to worry about not being able to live with all of my family after this life. I have come to appreciate the temple so much more now because I have never been so focussed on helping and blessing the lives of others. And genuinely loving and caring for them. And wanting them to be an eternal family. So I am sooooo excited for Brittany and Tyson to get sealed with Addy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super sad that I won't be able to be there for it. But I know that when they do get sealed, it will be an amazing, spiritual experience. I am so excited for them! They are such a cute family! It makes me so excited to have my own family one day and know that I can be with them forever because of the blessings of the temple! Ok, so this is random, but I love cereal so much! and I try new ones every single week! I have never liked change so much before. And I think the reason is that my life has been the same without change for so long that I like to change as much of the little things that I can. (: Ha. So it is fun because I go into the grocery store excited to find my new cereal for the week. I know it is kinda sad. Haha. Oh! And thank you for giving Cheyanne my address! I got a letter from her and it made me sooooo happy!!!!!!!! So yesterday we were walking and a man sitting on a bench stopped us to talk with him. (In my head I was like, yes! he knows who we are and wants to know and learn more! So I got super excited!) But then further into the conversation, I realized he was kinda just trying to prove us wrong with weird theories of his. (ya, I still don't understand a lot of what people say...But I am getting better! I can understand pretty much everything the other missionaries say! Ha) So this last week, we asked if we could offer a prayer with one of the people we cantacted and had been talking with. And she said no... It was the first time anyone has ever said no to us before. It was really weird! Lol. And it just felt a little awkward. But it also kinda made me sad that she didn't want to pray. But thats ok. We told her that we know God loves her. So we ate at Sofia and Armando's house again this week. And it was a three course meal! And I felt bad because they always talk about how they work so hard for their money to pay for the food when their little boys don't eat. And just in general they mention how they don't have a lot of money. So when I saw all the food I felt bad eating it. But it was really good! We started with soup. I had a HUGE bowl and she filled it all the way to the top. By the time I finished it I felt super full. So she cleared away all of our bowls. And there were plates under the bowls, but she left the plates on the table. So I thought, oh no.... I literally can't eat anymore! Then there was a huge pot of pasta! And she grabbed my plate and completely filled it too! She gave me so much pasta. Hahaha. And I was just thinking to myself, I am going to be sick. But I was actually fine once I started eating it. And the noodles were kinda weird, but it tasted good! So that is all the mattered. And I just had to be careful with the meat again. But it doesn't make me feel sick anymore. (: Like, loosing my appetite. Ha. So I ate all of the pasta! I was glad. So she cleared the table again. And brought our four different desserts! I could only try one. Cause my stomache was literally going to explode. But I tried this dessert that was somewhat similar to some type of pudding type thing with graham? cracker type things on the top. It was really good! I actually wanted to know how to make it but I forgot to ask. But ya. That was the most I have eaten in a very long time. Lol. I don't know how it all fit. So I tried my first Bolo de Brigideiro!!! It is soooooo good!!!!! It is a chocolate cake, but it is the most delicious chocolate cake I have ever had in my life! I am actually craving it now as I talk about it. Lol. So if you guys actually do end up picking me up you have to try it! Also, that night (this was before we ate our 3 course meal) Tiago was playing in a cardboard box and it was the cutest thing! I seriously want to take him home with me! Ha. Actually, the first time I told Sofia and Armando that Tiago was seriously the cutest little boy ever! She responded and said, ya? Well, you can have him. Hahaha! It was so funny cause she sounded so serious about it. Then Armando said something about how I couldn't because I was on my mission. So she said, well not now. Then I agreed, to some point in the future. Lol. But the funny thing is I was lost and I didn't know they meant I could take him. I thought they meant I will have a child of my own just not now, but in the future. So I was serious when I said, "yes, not now, but in the future I will" >Haha. Then Sister Brooks just laughed at me and told me what they said. But I don't really have any investigator stories to tell because we currently don't have any progressing investigator stories. But Sofia (her and Armando were just recently baptized) and she is already doing missionary work! She gave a Book of Mormon to her friend. And she was talking about how her friend is going through a hard time in her life right now and how she really just needs this gospel in her life. She is amazing!!! And, Armando payed their tithing yesterday at church!!!!! They are so fantastic I love them so much! I wish I was better with this language though to be able to say and understand everything without needed Sister Brooks to give me "recaps." But I will get there in a couple months! I can't wait! So we got flirted with by a group of guys around 22 years old on Saturday. It was really weird! They were black and super funny. We shared a message with them and then after is when it got weird. Ha. The one guy that wouldn't stop trying to talk to me and looking at me asked me if I had a boyfriend and told me many times that I was beautiful and really pretty. And other stuff that I didn't really understand. I was so glad I had a language barrier! Lol. Only one of them was genuinely interested because he already had a Book of Mormon and he knows where the church is. And he was the one that came up to us. His friends showed up a little after cause they were in a store. But ya. So we invited them to a movie night that night (We were going to watch a movie about Christ) and I think the only reason they agreed to it was because they thought of it as a date. They were punks. Oh! And they wanted to take us away to their Island in Africa. And they sounded so serious! They were funny. But it was weird. And at the end they were fighting over which one of us was prettier... Sister Brooks and I were just trying to figure out how to leave! But Elias, the one that "liked" me made me stand up next to sis Brooks to "prove" I was prettier. It was sooooo weird! And he grabbed my arm. But me and Sister Brooks just laughed about it afterwards. But really, I think Sister Brooks is prettier. She is super gorgeous! But that is a problem with us, all the younger men and the old men always tell us we are beautiful. It is funny. Same with the other sisters. Anyways, I am still loving it here! Even though some days are really hard, but there is always something in our day that just makes the whole day amazing. The Lord is so good to us! But I love you guys so much!!! I hope everything at home is going well! Don't forget about me!!! Ha. JK. Till next week!!!
Love Always,
Sister Amanda Stokes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment