Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Family!
This week was also so fabulous! We had the baptism of Fabio Filip Borges Gomes on saturday!!!! Haha. Yay!!! We were able to help one more soul enter the waters of baptism!!! Oh, and yes, I remember his whole name. Haha. But he is 21. And he is perfect! He started talking to us about how he would like to serve a mission!!!! How cool! We were so blessed. So yesterday (sunday). Both Manuel and Fabio received the gift of the Holy Ghost and were confirmed as members! Oh it made me so happy! I love being a missionary! I understand perfectly what they mean when they say that this is the best, yet the hardest, days in their lives. It is so hard, but it is so humbling and rewarding. I love seeing the difference the gospel makes in the lives of others. You can see such a grand change just looking in their eyes! I am so excited that me and Sister Kunz are going to be staying here one more transfer together! We are going to be seeing so many more miracles. And all that thanks goes to the Lord. We just marked our investigator Francisco for the 1st of February! He was already pre-prepared. He shoes me that there really are people out there already perfectly prepared for the gospel. They just don't know where to find it. He walked out of church asking, "So what do I have to do so that I can be baptized?" He loves the gospel, and he can feel the spirit bearing record that it is true. He is one of the most humblest men I have met. He had come to the baptism of Fabio. And I know he felt the spirit really strong there. He is going to make an amazing member. And I am sooo grateful that I can stay here and help him make it to the waters of baptism as well. We are receiving so many blessing here in Benfica. I think that is why yesterday was a hard day. Not a single person wanted to talk to us! That hasn't happened in so long! And we talked to so many people that don't believe in anything. God or anything bigger. Just that life is life, and when we die. Thats the end of it. It makes me so sad that so many people believe in that. How sad life would be! But knowing that there is more. What joy and excitement that brings! So it just makes me so sad. There are so many who don't even accept our invite to just pray and ask God, if he truly is there. And even to just say " Dear God, I had talked with these two Sisters, and they said that there was a God, and I don't know if thou art there, but if so, if thou truly dost exist, couldst thou help me feel that though really art there, and that there really is more to this life that just to be born, live, and die. But so many people are unwilling to do that little, simple prayer. And I don't understand why... But sometimes, all we can do, is try to help them. And the rest is up to them. Well, I just want to say that I am so grateful for all of you. And for all of your prayers, love and support. I love you all so much!!!! I heard Steffy's mission farewell went really good!!!! Congrats girlie!!! I am so proud of you!!! I am so excited for us to be out serving the Lord at the same time!!!! You will make a fabulous missionary!!! :) Love you!!! Till next week! :)
Love Always,
Sister Amanda Stokes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment