Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Family!!!!
So this past week was a little rough. My poor comp has been suffering with massive migrane´s. And she has been stuck in bed. And no pain killer has been helping, and even when she tries to take something, it comes right back up. She can't keep down food either. I feel so bad for her. Today she seems to be doing better. She still has pain, but it isn't as bad as earlier. She is a trooper! So our marcado (marked investigator) didn't make it to church.... We were soooo sad! So he can no longer be baptized on te 26th.... And what is even more sad is that he hasn't been answering our phone calls since sunday... We are so worried! Cause he is truly so amazing! He was so firm, and so excited! When we taught the Word of Wisdom. He accepted it promptly and was already working on stopping smoking. (And he only would smoke when his guy friends offered it to him) He said he would drop coffee and black tea and everything! Even the law of chastity. He said he has lived that his whole life! :) So I am not sure why we haven't heard from him. I hope everything is ok. Cause he is just the sweetest person! I love him so much! He is Bulgarian. But he speaks portuguese ok. It is really cool to hear him speak bulgarian. We also met a brazilian couple! They are amazing! The husband has already been taught almost everything (Luis) and his Girlfriend (they are living together and aren't currently married) Leir, hasn't been taught anything becaust of her work schedule. She was never home when the missionaries taught Luis. But they are literally perfect. The only thing right now that is keeping them from baptism is the fact that they aren't married. And it is super complicated. For they can't just go and get married because they don't have their documents.... So we are stuck unless they decide to separate. When we mentioned that option, they just looked at each other and then said that they will have to think about that. So we will see what happens. If they don't separate it could be a year or more till they are baptized. I know everything will work out the way it is supposed to though. So I told you that our goal was to make a branch. Actually, the goal that the stake president has is to make it a ward right away and skip the branch. So, no pressure! Ha. But I have faith that we can make that possible. My comp just has to get better so we can go out and find all those whom the Lord has prepared to start a ward here in Quinta do Conde. :) I am so excited!!! The Lord has big plans for my area. Well, I hope you are all doing well! Sounds like a lot is going on back home in regards to trips and changes! I am so happy for Cory! You guys have to send me pictures. :) know that I love you all and that I am soooo happy here! Stay safe!
Love Always,
Sister Amanda Stokes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment