Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Family!!!
 First off, AH! I can't believe Steffy is going to be going out to the field! I still can't quite grasp the fact that she is a missionary just like me! ha. Can you send e pictures of her! I haven't seen a single one since she left! It will be so weird seeing a pic of her with a name tag on. I am excited to see one! Anyways, last week, we had a family night in one of our members homes. And they invited their neighbor. She is super sweet by the way. I love her! So I gave Bruna (8 yr old daughter... member.) one of our invites for church with all our information on the backside. So at the end, Bruna gave her the invite and asked her if she would go to church with her and her family the coming sunday. Maria Elena paused, sincerely thought about it, and then responded with a confident "Sim, eu vou" (Yes, I will) !!!!!! We were excited! Then we made a time to meet with her again to talk to her more about our message. So we taught her about the restoration in her house. Oh, it was amazing! She loved everything, she accepted everything. And we have come to find out that one of her sons (already married) was baptized and is a member! We taught her again in Benvindo's home (that same member family-they are so helpful and ama<ing!) and we taught the plan of salvation. And in it, we marked her for baptism for the 23rd! And she did not hesitate a second to say yes!!!! We are so excited! We have a lot to do to get her ready. But we know she will be ready! We have to help her quit smoking. The Lord will help us with that one. But oh, Heavenly Father is blessing us sooooo much! I can't tell you how grateful I am to be on a mission and be a missionary. Thank you mom and dad for supporting me and giving me this opportunity to be here, and to see all these miracles in the lives of others. I love you all so much! Stay strong and always remember to make good choices! No matter how small the decision is. I love you all to pieces! Until next week!
Love Always,
Sister Amanda Stokes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment