Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Family!!!!!
So this week we have seen miracles! We have this fabulous investigator and I love her!  Maria Helena, our marcada (marked for baptism) is amazing! The day we taught the palavra de sabadoria, sorry, word of wisdom, she got up from her seat, walked over and grabbed her cigarrettes, and gave them to us and kept just one and said "this will be the last" !!!!! And since that day, tuesday, she hasn't smoked a single cigarrette! In fact, she hasn't even had the desire to smoke another cigarrette! Prayers really are one of the most powerful things that we have! And Heavenly Father truly does answer them! Maria showed an act of faith, a grand act of faith. She knew that that cigarrett would be the last one she would ever smoke with the Lords help. And in turn because of that act of faith, Heavenly Father blessed her! Answering her prayers, as well as ours. I love this work! And I love seeing how much love Heavenly Father truly has for each and every one of His children. As well as seeing how ready and willing He is to answer our prayers of faith, for it is according to our faith that miracles happen. And Maria had the faith, and the will to put that faith into action by giving us her cigarrettes. Though, she was meant to be baptized on sunday... And she was sooo excited to be baptized! But her grandson got really sick and had to go to the hospital. After he had to have someone stay with him 24/7 and his parents weren't able to with work and school. So Maria had to go to Sacavém (another city). She is still there. She should be baptized this coming weekend as long as everything runs smoothely. We are praying and we already fasted that the grandson will get better before this weekend! So for now that is the most important news. :) OH!!!! We watched The Work and the Glory yesterday for our Movie Night!!! It was amazing! It has been soooo long since I have seen that movie! I love it! Anyways, I just want to thank you guys for being the best family I could have. I love you all so much! Don't ever forget it. And never forget that the most precious thing that we can gain in this life is our testimonies! For that in turn gains us a place all together in heaven!!! I am so grateful for this gospel. And I know with all my heart that it is true. I can't explain in words that joy it brings me to see the difference the gospel makes in the lives of people who come to hear and accept it. They become a whole new person! They become more loving, and more caring. More willing to help and lend a hand. Even the most subtle feelings you get from them as you are conversing with them changes. I don't know how to explain that one very well. It is crazy, but it is amazing. It is a miracle! I love you all so much! Stay safe and never forget to say your prayers and to read the word of God everyday! Until next week!
Love Always,
Sister Stokes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment