Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

My Blessed Wonderful Family <3
So this past week was... well, hard. We are having a hard time finding those who are willing to make commitments, and follow through. Also, we are meeting a lot of people that say they have faith. But, that don't do anything to act on it. It makes me super sad. There are actually tons of people like that. But recently, we have been running into even more. So as of now we don't have any firm progressing investigators... If you could pray for us and for the people here in Quinta do Conde, that would help a lot. Vasil and José give me hope! They are our recent converts (I still haven't sent the pictures from José´s baptism because I didn't have my camera with me that day. But monica (member) will be sending me the ones she took. So next week! :) But there really aren't any novidades. :) Just walking as always, searching for those who are looking for the gospel-even if they don't even realize they are. :) I love Sister Harper! She is super cute. Though I still feel bad cause she can't understand or talk very well. But she seems to be better than I was at this point! But in all honestly, I just don't remember. But she is doing great! Oh right! So we ran into a man one day, basically, all he had to say to us was, well, nothing good. He wasn't happy that we had decided to put off schooling to walk around and talk to people about God, especially a people such as the Portuguese. Cause they are all Catholic and we won't make a difference, and that we should just go home cause we are wasting our time.... yeah. That made me pretty sad. But not because it hurt me. It made me sad for him. What is sad, is a lot of people don't realize just what it is they are saying. And one day I know they will be sad because of it. But I have already forgiven him. :) He just didn't realize he was talking to a disciple of Jesus Christ who had been called and sent in His name to preach His gospel. That is one of the biggest things I have realized where I have changed a lot. In the beginning of my mission. It used to hit me and hurt a lot more- on my part. But now I have been able to build my own personal testimony to the point where, when others say unkind things that go against what we know to be true, I don't tremble or feel as though my testimony had just been weakened. It is the craziest most amazing thing! Cause I know what I know, and it makes me sad to see others fleeing from it, or not willing to know it because they don't want to change their way of life. But I know from the bottom of my heart that this gospel is true. That we have a living prophet today, and 12 apostles. Cause God does NOT change. He called a prophet again just as he has always done. Today, people deny and reject the prophet, just as they always have. And we who have the knowledge of the gospel, just have to keep pressing on, one day at a time, doing everything that the Lord asks. And in the end. We can hope that our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, will look upon us and say "Well done my good and faithful servant, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father" I can't wait for that day! And I want to help as many of our brothers as I can so that they can hear those beautiful words one day as their Savior calls them to rest. :) I love you all so much! Thank you for the amazing examples you are to me, and to all those around you. You don't even realize how incredible and special you are. I hope you have a blessed week. :)
Love Always,
Sister Amanda Stokes

No comments:

Post a Comment